It was a horse outpost and a geodesic point starting in the year 600. In 1939 Count Uguccione and Countess Lea Della Gherardesca commissioned the architect Tullio Rossi to transform it into one of their hunting and summer residence. The project undertook two phases: the first restructuring taking place in ’39, and the second in 1957.
The villa is situated in the Upper Maremma along the Tuscan Coast. It is located about 100 meters from the Mediterranean Sea, surrounded by the Nature Reserve of Rimigliano, and with a private park of approx. 7 hectares. It is one of very few houses positioned directly by the sea, and is the only one that has a private cabin built on stilts directly on the beach.