It was a horse outpost and a geodesic point starting in the year 600. In 1939 Count Uguccione and Countess Lea Della Gherardesca commissioned the architect Tullio Rossi to transform it into one of their hunting and summer residence. The project undertook two phases: the first restructuring taking place in ’39, and the second in 1957.
The villa is situated in the Upper Maremma along the Tuscan Coast. It is located about 100 meters from the Mediterranean Sea, surrounded by the Nature Reserve of Rimigliano, and with a private park of approx. 7 hectares. It is one of very few houses positioned directly by the sea, and is the only one that has a private cabin built on stilts directly on the beach.
At only three kilometers from Greve in Chianti, the little market town knows as the capital of Chianti, the Podere Le Case is in a little hamlet called Santo Stefano 22 kilometers from Florence, made up of two adjacent centuries-old farmhouses which have been completely restored by the owners and turned into delightful apartments. Every effort has been made to preserve the original style and mood of a traditional Tuscan country house without depriving guests of every modern convenience from central heating to satellite television and hi.fi and safe. The sofas and armchairs are comfortable and capacious, the dining room tables inside and out are designed for large families and their guests in spacious dining rooms, while the bedrooms are cosy and inviting with Provencal cottons and four poster beds, each with their own bathroom and some with their own little sitting room/boudoir. The swimming pool, 15 meters by 6, is close to the houses and surrounded by olive trees and is equipped with its own dressing room and bathroom. The Ugolino Golf Courses is only 13 km away.
Villa degli Artisti is a construction in Liberty style built at the end of the XIX century. It lays on the road from Amalfi to Positano, about 2 km from Amalfi’s seaport, it leans against the mountain between the districts of Pastena and Lone. The renovations made after the approval and supervision of the Regional Board of the ministry of cultural heritage and environmental conservation, as the building and the garden are recognized as a national monument.
Villa degli Artisti is based on three floors and a mezzanine, so four apartments were obtained from the division, paying attention to the general peacefulness of all the mansion, trying to respect the original room layout and the atmosphere of an aristocratic villa dating to the first years of the XX century and using original furniture belonging to the family.
The house has been built in the 16th century and has been modified in the following 18th century.
The most antique news of the Villa dates back to the first land register of 1427.
At that time it belonged to the family of Bonbeni, wealthy Florentine merchants who where related to the Medicis. Today the Villa, surrounded by an extended garden, maintains a plain style of th 15th century. Also the interior preserves a wide ranging grace of the same epoch. It’s architectural subdued aspect as well as the plan layout represent the typical Florentine harmony between architecture and nature in the 15th century, which shares this country residence with other Villas in the Tuscany hills. The property belongs to the present owners since the 18th century. The cellar is still original. It’s entire furniture consist of antique pieces and belong to the villa and it’s history as well as the antique cotto floor in all rooms.